THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chapter 4: Please

They rushed in waves! Each one bigger than the next, and they were snarling and gnashing teeth at Valdor and I. I unsheathed my knife and turned to a gray and brown wolf, then attacked him. I heard Valdor hiss and start wrestling with one of the wolves as well.

They were quickly overwhelming us. Claws were scraped across my skin leaving deep cuts on my arm that oozed blood. I ducked my head just as a furry body came leaping at it from behind me. It landed with a thud on the floor, bleeding onto the white carpet. I ignored it and turned around to cut the paw off of a wolf coming down on me. I heard the skin sizzle and fry, and the wolf dropped to the ground, twitching. I could hear Valdor getting tired in the background. I lunged again at the nearest wolf barley slicing him in the chest. He as well fell to the floor and started howling.

At the sound of the howling wolf, all of the werewolves stopped dead in their tracks, and stared at the source of the noise. Then, one saw the knife I still held in my hand and growled at me. All eyes turned onto me, including Valdor. Everyone in the room was stock still. I stood there ready for them to all attack me at once, but they didn't. Then there one lone wolf started to turn into some kind of oozy, metallic, gray liquid. It lost its shape and then regained it, only as a man. The same man that let the wolves into my home.

I raised my knife at him, ready to attack if anything happened. Big mistake though, all throughout the house, growls and snapping erupted from the wolves standing in my living room.

The man walked towards me, confident that I wouldn't try anything. I knew that if I did I was in deep trouble. These wolves seemed to value this man highly.

"You did a good job injuring my brothers." I looked at the two wolves that I had wounded. The one without a paw was surrounded by 3 wolves, comforting him. I didn't see the second one, then I looked back at the man, only to notice that he had a scratch on his chest. "That wound will take time to heal. More time than necessary." He pointed at the pawless wolf on the floor. "We do not wish to fight you, Anabell."

I snorted, "What is your excuse for attacking us just now?"

"You must calm down, we want you to help us."

I started to get curious. "With what?" I looked around the room, wondering where Valdor was. He was in the middle of some wolves, staring at him with their fangs bared. He hissed at them and bared his teeth. The wolves yelped and stepped back. One of them came up to the man in front of me, and nudged his leg.

"What is it Jade." The wolf called Jade whimpered and looked at Valdor. The man saw the vampire standing alone. "I see you have an ally." he said. "Nevertheless, we need your help, we have a common enemy, Anabell."

Valdor spat on the nearest wolf. "What kind of enemy would have that you could possibly ask our help for?" he said.

"Do not disrespect my pack, or you will regret it." The man said sharply to Valdor. "My name is Abhay, I am the leader of this pack, and they will tear you to shreds if need be." Valdor's face drained of what little color there was.

"What enemy?" I asked Abhay, ignoring Valdor.

"Vampires," he said with a far away look on his face. "There has been a vampire running around our territory. Killing people, raising suspicions in the towns, that kind of thing. You are the best hunters in the world, and we want him stopped."

"Well, why can't you take care of it yourselves? It is on your territory." I asked.

"They are too elusive for us. We are not vampire hunters, we are animal hunters. We have tried, but every time we get close, they get away. We need your help. No animal likes to have their territory invaded, and werewolves are the same. I will pay you in whatever you need, but I want this done as quickly as possible."

"Well, we could use some extra money around here." I looked around at my old rinky-dink house. "Valdor, what do you think?"

He looked up at me with curiosity in his eyes. Then gave Abhay a once over. "I will need a fresh supply of your recipe, we are almost out of ingredients" he said to me.

"Was that a yes?" Abhay asked me.

"It's as close as you can ever hope to get."

He nodded his head. "You will have my packs full cooperation in your investigation, we will be at your disposal, and you may enter our territory at any time you need." After he said this, the wolves surrounding the hurt wolf, started to shimmer. He pulled out a map with a large amount of area circled. "This is the territory," was all he said before looking at all of the wolves and mentioning them to the door. The newly formed men picked up the injured wolf and carried him out of the door. Jade picked up his paw in her mouth, growled at Valdor, and left.

I laughed at the wolf that Valdor spit on snapped at his ankles as he left.

I counted them as they left, there were only 8 of them, such a small number. But they fight well.

0 comments: