He looked up abruptly and sniffed the air with me still pinned down under him. His eyes widened with fear, he turned to me and said, "Fine, we must go right now. They're coming." he whispered.
"For what? Who's coming?" I was liking this situation less and less, I kinda just wished I killed him at the beginning. I wondered how the notion of asking him that entered into my mind.
He didn't answer, only picked me off of the ground, and threw me over his back. He asked me where the my vehicle was, and ran in that direction. This wasn't no ordinary running though, he took off at super human speed that only vampires could achieve, probably as fast as my truck could go at top speed. I protested when he put me in the passenger seat and climbed into the driver's side.
He cranked the engine and took off, his foot punching the gas.
"What the hell do you think you're doing? Who's coming?" I asked him. He shouldn't even be driving, he was too weak, too young.
"We have to leave, look behind you."
I quickly did as I was told and saw three dogs running after us. Only these dogs were twice as big as normal dogs, and they ran faster than normal dogs too.
I turned to look at him skeptically, "We're running from dogs, why?"
"They're not dogs, there werewolves."
I gasped. Never had I thought they were real, they were only myths, only legends, I mean I had heard the stories and all, but I didn't really believe them. Stories were just that, stories. You can only believe what you see. They can't be real. I watched on as they gained on us. The little truck was too old and too slow to shake them off just by speed. One of them came running up on my side of the old Ford, I watched with sick fascination as his muscles rippled underneath his shaggy coat of fur. His eyes were a eerie yellow. He snarled at me, showing off his long, yellow teeth. Then the truck swerved onto him and over him. I could hear the yelping of the hurt wolf behind us, but they didn't stop chasing us to tend to the hurt wolf behind us.
I heard a loud thud in the bed of the truck. I turned around and there was a werewolf there. I couldn't take it any longer, I snapped, and screamed. He turned to look at me, and lunged into, and through the back window, snapping at everything, and growling at the vampire in the seat next to me. I took out my knife that I had brought to kill the vampire with, and tried to stab him with it through his head, but only scratched him under the eye. Smoke started to rise out of the wound and he bit at me, barley missing. I tried again, but only succeeded in scratching his muzzle, deeper than the first cut, and more painful. The vampire quickly turned the truck down another road, and the wolf flew out of the back window, and onto the ground. I watched him roll around and get back on his feet. Then I heard a lonely howl, probably sending off the message that they lost us.
My heart was pounding in my chest, and I looked over to the vampire. He was tired I could see that, and he was just barley alive. I offered to give him some of my blood, out of stupidity, but he said no. I asked him if he had ever tried animal blood to keep him going.
"Animal blood can substitute for human blood, you have to drink more, but it will work." Most vampired do not choose to do that because it left them still hungry, but able to keep on. The vampire was silent. Then he said,
"I didn't know that would work."
After awhile of driving, he pulled over, and got out. He told me to wait in the truck, and he went off into a nearby pasture. I sat there wondering what would happen next. I trusted this vampire for some reason. He had VERY good control over his instincts, which scared me on some level, but I still trusted him. He was... different.
After about 5 minutes, I heard the scream of a cow in distress, and figured out why we were there.
When he got back into the truck, I wondered if that was enough to sate his hunger. I had never heard of a vampire drinking animal blood, but I knew it could happen. I hoped he felt better now because he had kept sneaking glances at me the entire time we were in the truck.
"Now, human, we must discuss something. What is your name? I cannot be helping a hunter to which I do not know their name. My name is Valdor."
"Annabel. We must get back to my home, I think I have a place where you can sleep."
"That sounds wonderful."
We looked at the digital clock on the radio, it was 4:00 in the morning, we had to hurry. He drove us to my home as I gave him directions there. I unlocked the door and stepped in while he waited at the back. Unable to enter on account of me not inviting him.
"Come in, you can sleep in the basement."
I quickly showed him the door to the basement, wondering if that was all that he needed.
"I need nothing else. Goodnight."
It's like he was reading my mind. I went to my own room, changed and laid down. I had invited a vampire into my home, I was a vampire hunter, I wondered what kind of mistake I had made.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Chapter 2: Need Some Help?
Posted by _-*Kristen*-_ at 10:59 AM
Labels: Chapter 2: Need Some Help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The story is coming along nicely. You seem to do well when you're being more descriptive of things. Keep the reader aware of thing like whether it's night or day and little things like that. Don't take any fact for granted, let us know exactly how you see the scene. Details are everything.
i just read everything from the prologue to chapter 8. three things:
1. the characters are very cool because they don't really like each other but they kind of need each other. it would cause some very explosive situations. i think eventually we would find out that they're related somehow, which might explain why valdor can sort of read annabel's mind.
2. the writing is very rough. you do a lot of telling instead of just showing the action and letting the reader figure it out. but that might be because you might not have an outline and you're just making it up as you go along. it's very hard to write that way and takes a lot of re-writing later.
3. i think you should make an outline. think about the ending, what you want to happen at the end. lots of good stories start at the end and then you work backwards to figure out a logical way for the characters to get there. once you have your ending, and then you have the introduction of your conflict, then you can have fun putting all kinds of fun pieces in the middle.
i think there's a really good story waiting to happen.
Thanks for the keep up! Mr. Big is someone I been on and off with. He's not Mr. Bond. He's more like the ex that will never go go away. You'll hear about him from time to time lol
Post a Comment