We lived in peace with each other, surprisingly. Although it kind of freaked me out that he could figure out what I was thinking at times. Since day one, I had wondered if he could read my mind. Anything I was questioning in my mind, he would answer almost instantly, like he knew what I was thinking. In all of my years, I had never heard of a vampire being able to read minds before. I was probably imagining it though, he was probably could guess by my facial features.
I had killed 8 more vampires since he joined me, adding onto the 5 that I had already killed before. He was a tremendous help in aiding me with my hunts. His own powers were greater than mine, even with the vampire blood running through my system. When I ran out of my own supply of blood, he would donate some of his, since vampire blood is the only thing keeping me alive. Hunters can live as long as they want, the blood keeps them from dying, and if they are past the time that they would die, then a short supply would mean trouble. The blood keeps our body young as we grow old.
We established a bond as we worked on killing and picking off vampires one by one. We also had no idea how many were left in the world, all we knew was that they must keep their species very small so that they can not be noticed.
I had created a concoction for Valdor that would keep him full, and his hunger sated for human blood. He seems to be doing quite well on it, but I hope the effectiveness of it doesn't wear off. The first week we were living together was strained. He was around every corner, staring at me. Having an internal battle between his instinctive desire for human blood, and his hate for the act of killing a human. Wishing the entire time, that he didn't have to have this struggle with himself.
***
"Wake up!" hissed Valdor.
I drowsily looked around, it was the dead of night. "What do you want?"
"I hear something,"
I heard nothing, but asked him anyway, "What do you hear?"
He hushed me and closed his eyes.
"I'm too tired to play your game, what in the hell is it?"
His eyes opened in a flash, "Werewolves. They're close."
I gasped, it had been 5 years since I had dealt with werewolves, and that was only through a truck with Valdor driving. The only thing we knew about them was that silver hurt them. I jumped up and grabbed my knife out of its hiding spot. I rushed Valdor out of my room and put on some decent clothes. Could this be the same group that attacked us that one night?
I came barreling out of my room, only to find that they were already at my screen door. A naked man opened it and my entire house was filled with nasty, hungry wolves.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Chapter 3: Knock, Knock
Posted by _-*Kristen*-_ at 12:20 PM
Labels: Chapter 3: Knock Knock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, serious jump in time, but still, it's moving along, and I'm looking forward to another action sequence.
I will say that what I am hoping for now is a little backstory on Anabelle (not so much Valdor, as he's a mysterious kinda guy anyway), but how does someone who doesn't know much about vampires and werewolves come to be a hunter?
This is fascinating... A whole Vampire vs. Werewolf faceoff... Forgive the ignorance, I'm not really used to this genre...
But I'm getting there
Keep writing!
No, Kristen I was just kidding. The newq chapter is good, but I would have loved to hear about some of the vampire killing that went down since Anabel met Valdor.
Post a Comment